Qualified legal support and attorney's advice

РУС gre eng

Greek Citizen’s Marriage with a Third Country National Performed Abroad

Nowadays, more and more Greek men and women decide to carry out their wedding in the countries of the former Soviet Union and generally abroad. This is happening for a variety of reasons, either related to the spouse’s origin or to their job etc. However, from country to country, the necessary documents for the wedding and its procedural formula vary greatly. This requires special attention and care from anyone who decides to marry abroad, especially in a country outside the European Union.

First of all, before the wedding is completed, it is necessary to collect certain certificates and generally supporting documents from Greece in order to make the wedding possible. Indeed, there are a lot of people who have decided to marry abroad and are forced to go two or even three times to the country in which they are about to get married because they did not have the required legitimizing documents with them. Traveling, of course, costs a lot in both time and money.

In addition, in order for the above marriage to be recognized and have legal effects in Greece, registration in the Special Registry is required, for which specific supporting documents are required, followed by the opening of a family share to the competent Municipality.

Lastly, if the wedding has taken place between a Greek citizen and a third-country national, the foreign spouse and his or her minor children whose custody he or she has are entitled to obtain a residence permit in Greece for a five-year period by submitting the required supportive documents to the relevant department of the Decentralized Administration of the place of their residence.

The Law Office of Mrs. Kasatkina-Kouskou Svetlana, under the relevant authorization, undertakes to complete the procedure before the marriage takes place by collecting the required documents, issuing the certificates and their legal translation and validation, but also after the marriage is performed, the validation of the marriage in Greece by registering it in the Special Registry. Moreover, we undertake the submission of the necessary supporting documents to the competent department of the Decentralized Administration of Attica, so that a third-country national (or even his / her minor children) may be issued a residence permit as a spouse of a Greek citizen or citizen of the EU, and of course the receipt of the residence permit to be issued.





Greece, Athens 10679, 2 Ippokratus St

3rd floor

(«Panepistimio» metro station)

Phone/fax: (+30)211-0149605

Phone: (+30)211-0124473

Phone: (+30)211-2131652

Mobile: (+30)6948273758

Skype: kasatkina8

Viber: +306948273758

WhatsApp: +306948273758


e-mail: kasatlaw@gmail.com

Helpful information
Our channel
business projects
in Greece
to Greece